Saturday, November 27, 2010

48/365: Let There Be Mud

We finally got rain! It rained most of the evening on Tuesday and Wednesday morning. I took the cx bike out to the Katy Trail for a little gravel grinding this afternoon. My Eddie finally has the look of a real cx bike. The good news for all of this is that tomorrow's race shouldn't be bumpy. I've been so rattled and shaken the last nine weeks, I think I've knocked some teeth loose. I know if there is heavy mud, I'll struggle a bit, but I'll take that in lieu of constant vibration.

So I had a brilliant idea post ride today. My bike was filthy and I didn't want to let it set on and then get coated in more muck tomorrow. Our hose at home is out of commission, so I took the bike, still attached to the car, to the car wash. Yes I checked for clearance before I drove in the bay. I used the spot-free rinse setting the knock the chunks off before heading home. Klucker didn't think I was so brilliant. His thoughts were that the bike was still a little dirty and now there were spots on the roof of the car. Some days I can't win.

No comments:

Post a Comment