Friday, November 19, 2010

39/365: A Vice Revealed

We all have vices and this is one of mine. I've tried to let go of it over times, but have been unsuccessful. I am not a heavy drinker. I won't drink on nights before I have a morning run because it makes my run unenjoyable. I don't drink on nights before an early morning ride or race for that same reason. And typically, if I'm going to have any type of sugar, I don't drink because I don't want to have a calorie overload. But typically once a week the timing works out and I can have a glass of red wine. Now I love my beer as well, but I don't like sissy beer, and that leads back to that calorie overload thing. But red wine, full bodied and complex, sipped slowly after the kids are in bed, is a wonderful thing. If you visit my basement, my affinity is evident. There is more wine than I can drink in a year. I used to drink it more frequently until running and racing to precedent in my life. Now it's reserved as an occasional treat, a delicacy so to speak, made even better now because it can be paired with a welcoming fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment