Wednesday, November 17, 2010

38/365: Night Ride Anyone?

I'm refusing to give in to the time change and relinquish myself to the trainer. I've ridden more after dark these last three weeks than I have the entire time I've ridden a bicycle. It still thrills and frightens me a bit when I realize that the sun has completely set and I'm on a road only lit by the passing cars. I've become a lot more aware of what lighting is on the roads and where it's good. Tonight's route was familiar, but completely new all at the same time. It incorporated roads I've ridden countless times, but this was the first time I've tackled them at night. I had company, which made it a lot less threatening, but still gave me the exhilarating rush that I was doing something I really wasn't supposed to do. I know that the road and weather conditions will eventually sentence me to the basement, but for now I'm enjoying my transgression of the time change.

No comments:

Post a Comment