Saturday, November 6, 2010

27/365: Important Moments

I took a ton of photos today, but I chose this one because it sneaks a peak at a special moment between a boy and his grandpa. If there was ever a boy who loved his Papa, it's Boo. Papa walks on water in his mind and is all knowing. This conversation was about Boo's recently behavior struggles in school. He's a good boy, but he takes after his mommy with being on the go constantly. His need to move and talk comes out during unstructured time at school and gets him lots of warnings, and a trip to the assistant principal when he did it on the school bus. Papa was sweetly explaining that Boo needs to stay in his seat and listen to the driver so everyone can be safe. And of course, since Papa said it, it's the gospel.



The other reason I chose this photo is because Boo was also the light of my daddy's life. There was hardly a day go by that my dad didn't come over to see him. I would watch my dad, who struggled with severe arthritis in his hip, get on the floor and rough house with my toddler. The last words I heard my dad speak were to Boo as he climbed on his bed. My dad patted him and said "my boy." I've had bitter moments where I've felt my kids were cheated because they didn't have the opportunity to really know how great of a grandpa my dad was. But then I quickly am thankful for my father-in-law because he is the only person in the world who could rival my dad for "world's best grandpa" title.

No comments:

Post a Comment