Wednesday, November 3, 2010

24/365: How Did This Happen?

I would have never considered myself a morning person. I like to sleep. I used to like to stay up late into the night, but now I find that by 8:30, I need to be brushing my teeth. The nights that I see the opening of the 10PM news are few and far between. The reason why is that I get up long before dawn to workout. This is what my heart rate monitor typically reads as I slip into the my running shoes in the morning. I started getting into the early habit so that my workouts didn't get in the way of family time in the evening. If I ran before work, I could be home in the evening...then I took up bike racing and that changed. Now it's become the way I live. Even on the weekends I typically start my runs around 5AM. It's wonderful to be pouring a cup of coffee before the rest of the house is out of bed. Sometimes I miss going out or staying up to the wee hours, but usually I just love the energy I have as I start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment