Monday, November 29, 2010

50/365: Scary Moment

This morning I was upstairs uploading the data from my run when I heard Daisy barking. Her "tone" was the one she uses when Diesel is in her food bowl. It went on for about 20 seconds before Boo told her to be quiet and leave Diesel alone. Of course, Daisy continued to bark. I yelled down to Boo to ask what was going on and about that time, the barking changed and Diesel's voice emerged. They were fighting. I jumped up and headed down the stairs yelling for Boo and Bella to stay away. I had instant visions of one of them trying to separate the dogs and getting bit in the process. I made it to the kitchen in time to see Klucker dragging Diesel by the collar into the bathroom. I pulled Daisy to the other side of the kitchen.


Boo was concerned because Diesel's food bowl had been spilled. I told him to pick up food and I was "lecturing" Daisy on trying to take Diesel's food. I let her collar go as I noticed a drop of blood on the floor. Just then she shook her head. It was as if I was in a CSI episode--high velocity puppy blood splatter went everywhere. I grabbed a paper towel and found the wound, the bottom of her ear was split. After attempts of pressure, ice, super glue, and cornstarch, Klucker finally got the bleeding to stop. Of course, I wiped down the kitchen three or four times during this progression.
So here is the wounded warrior. If you look closely at her right ear, you'll see the little tear. Doesn't she look pitiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment