Sunday, November 14, 2010

35/365: Sometimes Mommy is a Pushover

Mommy guilt is a powerful tool. If our country's leaders could harness the power or learn how to manipulate mommy guilt, they could eliminate the deficit and guarantee world peace.

Normally my kids take showers every other night, and always on Sunday evening. They took baths as babies and toddlers until Boo started noticing anatomy. We then switched them to showers because it was the quicker option to get them both clean and out of the tub. Ah, but they haven't forgotten the bath filled with warm sudsy water, toys and everything else. I tried to pull Bella in the shower with me after my race but she wasn't having it. She said she wanted a bath instead, and just like that, I got out the bubbles and started running the water. She didn't beg or cry or whine, just asked. With the amount of training I do, and other commitments I have, I'm sometimes away from home more than I'd like. I'm assuming that's why I gave in so readily. I filled the tub and plopped her in. She took her bath while I was in the shower. Klucker had to drag her out when the water got cold. Boo was up next and decided to make himself into Santa with all the bubbles. Despite my attempts to keep them separate at bath or shower time, every time I turned around they were both in the bathroom together. We're still working on that privacy concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment