Saturday, November 13, 2010

Race Report: Bubba at the Seminary

Today was more like true cross weather. Mid-40's, overcast and windy at race time. The course was about 1.5 miles, another mtb-like course. I got a good start and held with the leaders through the barriers and up the first set of stairs. I began to lose ground when we got to the woods. The wooded section was very technical in that it had a lot of turns, roots, and heavy ground cover.
Looks a little like I'm marching over them instead of running them. *Photo cred: John Pfeiffer.
By the end of the first lap, I was in last in the women's A race and ended up finishing there. I was timid through the woods and would make up ground on the long downhill and climb and on the front section where there were two straight aways. I rode the two small tree limbs that were obstacles each time without a problem...that was a plus for me. I also was able to handle the quick, steep uphill with a 180 and an immediate down. My dismounts and jumps were great with the exception of the last lap, I struggled unclipping my left foot before each of the sets of stairs. My remounts all had foward motion, but I'm still adding the little hop with my left foot. Bethany Himmel was there to push me the entire race. I knew she was right behind me and if I let up at all, I'd be chasing her down. I always appreciate the motivation that comes from competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment