Friday, November 12, 2010

33/365: I Could Get Used to This

I took a vacation day today. Even though I had an off day on my workout schedule, I decided to take advantage of our unseasonably warm temps and some daylight time and do a little cx practice. There's a small field at the end of our street where I can work on dismounts and remounting. Then, if I cut through the church parking lot, I can cross the highway and hit the old railroad tracks. The tracks were removed years ago, but the path is still there. If I jog across town a few more blocks, I can pick up a gravel path where the tracks were, followed by some grown over chunky gravel and finally this paved path. I can also head further out and hit some dirt farm roads to extend my ride if I'm alert for dogs. I'm glad I took advantage of the weather and time to ride. The cold will be here tomorrow and the days are already so short. I know a few folks who have flexible schedules, or don't work,
and I'm often jealous of their chances to ride. I could definitely get used to taking the opportunity like I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment