Saturday, January 29, 2011

111/365: MOBAR

This the sum of the results of my 2010 road season.  My goal for the season was two fold, to win the state championship races and to win Missouri Best All Around Racer (MOBAR).  My efforts for a state championship jersey did not produce the results I wanted, so for the last month of the season, I focused on the other piece of my goal.  I'm happy to say those efforts paid off.

I raced a lot in 2010.  I believe I only missed four MOBAR races.  By the end of cx season, that sustained effort took a mental and physical toll on me.  And then waiting for the final results of MOBAR to be calculated took an even bigger mental toll.  While I believed my ciphering to be correct, there are nuances to MOBAR calculations, especially for Cat 4 women, that I still don't understand.  While I may never own a state championship jersey, I will hang this proudly on the wall in the basement and race MOBRA races for free this year . . . just not all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment