Tuesday, January 4, 2011

86/365: Law of Abundance

I'm not a superstitious person.  I will step on cracks.  I will go in one door and out another in a house.  I will try to pet the black cat that's crossing my path as I walk under a ladder.  But last year in January, I was feeling a bit vunerable.  I was in my first year at a new job, just got word that my salary would be frozen which actually meant it was being cut because the state required us to increase our retirement contribution, and I was writing the final check to pay for Christmas.  So when I heard about the Chinese Law of Abundance, I gave it a shot.  The idea is this:
 
Within 24 hours of the first new moon of the year.  You write yourself a "blank check."  It's made out to you, the memo says "paid in full" and it's signed "Law of Abundance."  You date it, but you leave the amount blank.  You're supposed to carry this with you everywhere and periodically take it and look at it and visualize financial success.
 
I wrote the check on January 14, 2010 and folded it and put it in my wallet.  When I switched wallets, I put the check in my new one.  And almost everytime I took out my racing license, I looked at my check.  Now I can't say that we came into a huge windfall during 2010, but I can say that we weathered the pay cut and other things well.  And I can say it gave me some calmness when I stressed about money at different times.
 
This year, the new moon came a little earlier.  It's funny, I was actually thinking about my folded check and the lore behind it when I saw a post on Facebook about the Law of Abundance, so before going to bed, I wrote my check.  It's now folded, in the location of last year's.  And I'll see what happens.  Afterall, I figure it can't hurt.  There's definitely some truth the power of positive thinking, so I'll keep thinking that we'll be financially abundant.

No comments:

Post a Comment