Sunday, January 16, 2011

98/365: She May Not Sleep, But She Loves to Cuddle

Bella is the most non-sleeping child I have ever met.  She seriously would survive on eight hours of sleep a day if she could.  For a four year old, that's unusual.  And while she hates to sleep, she loves to cuddle.  The first thing she does when she gets up, be it in the morning or from a nap, is come looking for me.  She'll nuzzle her head into my legs if I'm standing, or simply crawl up on me if I'm sitting.  Today I was on the couch so she scrambled right up on top of me.  I lifted the blanket I had and under she went.  If you look closely, she's still not quite awake.  It usually takes her about 10 minutes before she can speak.  And after that, you can't get her to stop.  I have to say, the moments like these are the ones I treasure.  I know as time passes, they'll become few and far between.  I drink them in now while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment