Saturday, January 15, 2011

97/365: I Still Can't Trust Him Completely

I came home to this sight tonight.  I forgot to weight the lid of the kitchen trashcan.  Diesel-nator 10-5000, the ultimate chewing machine, reaked havoc.  I bought a pork roast at the grocery store today and repackaged it to freeze.  I then threw away the original packaging as well as packaging from other food.  I guess to a brittany/beagle mix, it smells like a feast. 

Diesel, in most ways, is the best behaved dog with whom I've lived.  He listens to me.  He crate trained easily.  But like most beagles, he's a chewer.  He's just a few month shy of being two years old, so there are still a few puppy ways left in him and this is one of them.  I guess I still need to work on my own training to remember to take the food trash outside or weight down the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment