Thursday, January 13, 2011

95/365: The Days Slowly Grow

As I drove home today, I was struck by the amount of light.  While it isn't the long days of May and June, Accuweather says we're up to 9.7 hours between sunrise and sunset.  That's good news to me.  Last winter, as I worked to implement my training schedule with more fidelity, I became more acutely aware of the amount of light and dark.  I found myself pushing my limits in November and March, eeking out the daylight I could.  I tried some night riding in November this year, and while I enjoyed it, it's not as plausible on my poorly lit home roads.  So I long for the time change.  I crave 10+ hour days.  I relish the thought of after work rides followed by impromptu dinners.  They will come.

For now I will enjoy the days that I can actually see a sunset through the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment