Sunday, January 23, 2011

105/365: Snow Ride, Take It Easy

There are some rides that are more epic than others. And then there is just plain craziness. This one falls somewhere on that spectrum. Lo & Alice planned our little adventure this morning--the City on cx bikes. Kate and Cindi were on board, and I invited Ryan to our little adventure.




Ryan had time constraints, so he and I met a little early. We headed down West Pine to Forest Park. I didn't know if I'd make it upright through those two blocks. It was thick and slow going. I kept telling myself to pedal through softly. We hit cleared pavement and the rest wasn't so bad. We did a lap through the park and headed back to meet the rest of the group. Somehow West Pine didn't seem as treacherous on the way back.



The group headed east from Ventana. Just as we were heading out, the snow began to fall. Couple that with an east wind, and Lindell was a bear to ride. Cindy turned around near downtown because she was riding slick cx tires and the roads were getting sketchy. From Lindell we took Broadway to Choteau. We stopped at the Taco Bell parking lot because I swore I had another flat. (I did have a tire kit with me though!) It was solid, but I think the snow and ice on my rim caused it to feel bumpy. Ryan needed to head back from there, and considering I had lost feeling in my fingers, I decided I would too. The ladies kept going for a bit longer. Our ride down Choteau was excellent. We had a tail wind the whole way. We cut back over to Ventana via Vandevener, and enjoyed a latte before heading home.


Kate had the right idea with the ski goggles.


No comments:

Post a Comment