Monday, January 10, 2011

92/365: They Never Tasted So Good

I don't know what happened.  It started in the early evening yesterday.  I didn't feel quite right.  We were supposed to go out, but I cancelled and I'm glad I did.  From about 7PM Sunday night until about 5PM tonight, I have limited recollection.  The stomach bug hit hard.  I tried eating dinner on Sunday.  I tried to sleep it off.  I tried the bed.  I tried the couch.  I think I actually hallucinated for a while.  This morning I had Klucker bring me crackers.  I tried one and waited.  An hour later I tried another.  Ok, I thought, I'm out of the woods.  I tried to get up to fix toast.  I made it from the couch to the kitchen table and had to sit down.  After a few minutes I ventured to the pantry where I had to sit on the floor.  After segmenting this simple event into tens of steps, I got my toast.  The next six hours were filled with brief waking moments of me looking at the television to see what time it was and rolling back over.  Around 4 I actually was able to sit up for more than 10 minutes.  But then the awful headache hit.  I waited to shower until Klucker got home because I didn't know if I could stand that long.  Tonight I graduated to about a half cup of mac and cheese.  It's been two hours and I think I'm ok.  The funny thing is, with all the sleeping I've done today, I can't wait to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment