Friday, January 7, 2011

89/365: Another Day I'm Glad I'm No Longer a Principal

As I looked out the window this morning, I thought of another reason I'm happy I'm no longer a school principal--snow.  The forecast today is for intermittant snow, a dusting, no accumulation.  However I can still hear the voices "Dr. J, will we get out early?" or "When are we going home?"  The latter was actually my favorite question because my answer was always "after lunch."  I just didn't say how long after lunch.  If a light dusting actually occurs before dismissal, the office will be flooded with phone calls from parents about if school would be cancelling.  Or then there are the parents who just show up to get their kids because the roads are getting bad.  Ah, the good old days! 
 
Instead, I now get to sit in my office and enjoy the view.  I went out at lunch and got coffee because a good strong cup always tastes better when it's snowing.  I can also happily look forward to a fire and red wine when I get home tonight.  That's what snow should bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment