Thursday, December 23, 2010

74/365: Self-Portrait

Today's outside ride wasn't nearly as pleasant as my other two this week.  The weather today was about 26, windy and cloudy at ride time.  It took a little more gear for me to stay warm.  This is me pre-ride, wool buff, Santa hat and all.  Post ride I don't think my fingers would work enough to even snap a photo.  The forecast is still calling for snow for tomorrow.  While that will mean a white Christmas, it will also mean no outdoor road bike.  I am thinking, instead of suffering the trainer, I'll spend the next few days running as long as we don't get ice.

I pulled up my data from so far this year versus 2009.  With eight days left in 2010, I've ridden upwards of 1,100 miles more than I did in 2009.  That's pretty amazing.  What makes it even more significant is that my running numbers aren't all that low.  I'll end the year about 10-15 miles short of my 2009 running totals when I was training for a half.  I didn't run any races this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment