Thursday, December 16, 2010

67/365: The Red Battery of Death

I hate this symbol on my phone, the red battery of death.  It means that my phone is so dead, it won't turn on at all, even plugged into the charger.  What really frustrates me is how often I get this ugly sign.  I understand that phones are not just phones anymore, they are little mini computers.  But I find, with minimal phone usage, I have about four hours of time on a full charge.  That seems ridiculously low.  And today it bit me in the butt.  I left my phone charger in the car when I dropped it off for service.  I was at 66% battery life.  Within two hours, I was down to 14% and I hadn't used the phone.  I went to the Sprint kiosk and they tried to charge it for me, but the crazy thing would accept a charge because it thought it was still on my car charger.  And of course I didn't realize that until I walked away and was down to 6%. 

I'm in a quandary right now over my phone.  This whole battery thing is getting worse.  I'm eligible for a phone upgrade from Sprint, but I'm not crazy about the phones they have out right now.  And I don't want to blow my upgrade on something I don't really want.  I'm googling right now for a cheap battery to get me by because I actually like the phone itself, I just hate being tethered to a charger.  Hopefully, that will last me until either Sprint gets decent phones or my contract is up in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment