Saturday, December 25, 2010

76/365: Merry Christmas

 
A rare moment of peace and love captured digitally this morning, my children sitting quietly, not bugging each other, and actually looking like the good friends they are.  This moment didn't last long!  They quickly began digging through their stockings and opening gifts.  This Christmas has been the best yet.  Boo and Bella are at teh perfect age where they are old enough to know what Christmas is about and young enough to still believe.  From decorating the tree, to baking cookies, to Christmas morning, it's been nothing but fun with them. 

The cute award of the day goes to Bella.  Earlier in the season, she told me she wasn't making a Christmas list because she "did it before and Santa didn't bring her what she wanted so she wasn't wasting her time."  So I went about shopping with just my hunches.  Then about a week ago she sat on Santa's lap.  She wanted an Easy Bake oven, a pink Big Foot Truck, and stuff for her dollhouse.  She also wants a table lamp for her room.  She's gone on to repeat this list to me everyday since then.  Well, pickles! Santa made her gifts already and none of those were included.  So it became Uncle Mike to the rescue.  He bought her the Easy Bake oven.  However, she won't get it until tomorrow.  So this morning she opens her gifts, getting excited about each one, until she sees it's not an Easy Bake oven.  Then at the end, she sat quietly picking through her things.  "*SIGH* I guess Santa forgot and the elves didn't know how to make an Easy Bake oven."  It would almost break my heart if it weren't so comical and I didn't know she's getting it tomorrow.

I felt compelled to include these photos so everyone can know who the cast of characters are in my family life.  Every year, as I said in a previous blog, we go to my Aunt's house for Christmas.  There is a requisite family photo in which everyone has a spot.  You can't be in the photo unless you have married into the family or produced a child of the family.  I've never missed a photo.  Even my cousin who is ill came tonight to be a part of the photo.  I think this says something about the power and influence of the Sisters. 

My calendar/cards/stamps gift was not a big hit tonight.  The third sister got it.  She's the one who got onto my cousin-in-law for his gift last year.  Oops!  Good thing it's my brother's daughters who go to that school--he'll be the suspect . . . and he's the golden boy so he won't get scolded.

Back row:  Jeffrey, Nell, Mike, Klucker.  Front row:  Bella, Ree, G-dog, Me & Boo

My little family!
The Entire Fauerbach Clan.  Too many to name.

No comments:

Post a Comment