Thursday, December 30, 2010

81/365: An Observant Eye

Can you tell I'm off work, spending lots of time with my kids?  And that I have too much time to think about food?
 
On Monday the kids and I went out and about.  Like usual, I set the stage for what we would be doing:  going to Target (no you cannot get a toy), Costco is next, and then McDonald's drive thru for Mom to get a diet coke (you will not get a happy meal, don't ask).  Typically when I pre-correct, our trips are with incident.  And this one was pretty good.  But when we went to McDonald's as I was pulling to the window, the Bakugan symbol caught the boy's eye and he knew what it meant.  Bakugan toys in happy meals. 
 
"Mommy, can we have happy meals this week?  Not today because you already said not today, but sometime this week?"
 
Now I try not to eat McDonalds.  I actually did have it last week . . . I gave in to the allure of the McRib.  That was my quota for the year.  No way my body could handle another McDonald's meal.  But how can you say no to a question posed so well?  So today the kids had McDonald's.  Poor sissy ended up with a Bakugan toy too because they messed up the order.  As for me, carry out Chinese--I'm trying to satisfy all my cravings at once so it's done and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment