Wednesday, December 29, 2010

80/365: Isn't He Pitiful

One of the hardest things about being a mom is not being able to fix everything.  I came home tonight to a tail of my little man being sick.  He wouldn't eat dinner for his dad and chose to go to bed instead.  Within minutes, Klucker heard him in the bathroom, gagging and then vomiting.  Chocolate ice cream.  I have to say, at least this time he made it to the bathroom.  Last time I was changing sheets and doing laundry at midnight. 
 
Boo spent the day with Grandma.  My mom does not do a good job of saying no or being firm with her grandkids.  She gives them whatever they want.  I think, in her mind, she's afraid if she says no, they won't want to see her.  Instead what happens is I get the kids home and it's a miserable evening.  If they haven't napped because she lets them get up the first time they ask, they are cranky and snotty with me.  And I don't deal lightly with cranky or snotty.  Or, she gives them food their little tummies won't handle, like large amounts of chocolate ice cream to a kid who prefers strawberries or cookies.  And up it comes. 
 
When I got home, Boo was asleep.  I put his covers over him and closed the door.  Less then 10 minutes later he was back in the bathroom.  We cleaned him up and gave him a little water and a Tums and put him back to bed.  In less than an hour we had another repeat.  This time I let him bring blankie and Woobie and cuddle with me on the couch.  Sometimes a mommy cuddle makes everything all better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment