Sunday, December 19, 2010

70/365: Winter is Almost Here


<
We still have two days until the winter soltice (and the days start getting longer again) but that doesn't mean it isn't cold.  It was in the mid-30s when we took off today, but WOW! does that feel cold on a bike.  Steph & I decided to spread Christmas cheer with our Santa hats as our group (Steph, Phil, Teresa, Jamie, & Chris S) tried to find a good riding route.  Our original route was to head south to Grant's Trail, but when we got there it was still pretty snow covered.  Instead, we made it up as we went along. 

It's amazing to me how slow our cold rides are.  It feels like I'm putting forth a lot more effort than my data shows. 

As much as I love riding, and as fun as they are, my favorite part is always our post ride coffee.  It's my escape from reality.  It's adult time that slips by so quickly.  I also like our off season coffee time better because I don't feel as guilty about the time I spent.  Since it's usually cold outside, the family isn't out and about so I can truly indulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment