Tuesday, December 14, 2010

65/365: Feet Are Ugly

Have you ever sat down and really looked at your feet? I think mine are some of the ugliest things I've ever seen. (I even chose the small photo setting for this upload so you wouldn't look at the blog and be grossed out!)

My feet have gotten worse over the years. When I was pregnant with Bella, I started wearing eff me heels and now do so daily. If the heel isn't 3" or more, I don't buy it. And then I started running. At least I don't have any black toe nails right now. I'm sure that will change since I'm hitting the dreadmill again tonight.

I look at my kids' feet, unmarred by blisters and calluses and they're so cute and lovable. No wonder babies love to suck their own toes. I try to keep mine at least presentable, but have failed at that task as of late. My last pedi was October 23...I know that date because it was a girls' day in honor of my birthday with Steph. I made the pedi last as long as I could, but eventually took the polish off because the chipping polish looked worse than none at all does. I just haven't found the time to indulge myself and my mistreated appendages to pampering. For now I will keep these beasts hidden. I will wear my two pairs of heeled Uggs as much as possible to at least give my overworked trotters some respite. I have three more days of work, maybe I will sneak an hour of foot lovin' in next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment