Tuesday, December 21, 2010

72/365: Weekday Ride Outside

I'm doing my best to take advantage of my time off work as it pertains to my workouts.  Today was not a beautiful day, at ride time it was around 40 degrees, overcast and windy, but it's still better than the trainer in the basement.  Coach Chuck gave me three weeks to work out as much or as little as I like, so while I have so structure in my head, I'm also making up my schedule as I go along.  If the weather permits at all, and my legs have anything in them, I plan on riding. 

I started with rolling hills today.  It felt good to have that burn as I climbed.  It's been a while since I've done hills, so I really had to remind myself of proper form.  I stopped on Hanover Road to take this shot.  It's right before the huge descent on to the bottoms.  I have ridden up the hill twice, but this way is much more fun.  Even with the barren trees, I think it's beautiful up here, the evergreen gives enough color to make the landscape interesting. 

The bottoms aren't as pretty this time of year.  With the crops cut and the cloudy sky, it almost feels desolate to me.  I don't like riding down there this time of year because of the view and the wind.  It eats at your soul and wears you down quickly, especially if you're alone.

Snow is due later this week, so my weekend riding will be probably be minimal.  I'm enjoying it while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment