Sunday, February 13, 2011

126/365: The Dirty Valentine's Day Ride

Today's high was 65 degrees--in February!  Of course we had to have a road ride to celebrate.  We met at the Chateau Nadeau and headed out to Clayton Road to get some hill time.  Steph is doing Iron Horse in May, so she's working on her climbing threshold.  I believe we had 12 when we headed west.  We lost a few along the way due to varying workouts and comfort level. 

The weather was beautiful.  While I thought I was prepared for the muck of the roads, I know I didn't expect this.  No, those aren't spotted tiger sharks on my knee warmers, that's road grit.  The patch of skin I had showing between my knee warmers and my socks looked like I'd been sunning in Jamaica due to the dirt I collected along the way.  I will happily tackle the laundry issues if it means that outdoor riding involves less than three layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment