Friday, February 4, 2011

117/365: Really, Diesel?

Klucker and I met the Nadeau's for dinner tonight.  I can't tell you the last time we went out for dinner, much less went out for dinner on a Friday night without kids outside of Columbia.  It's a pretty big deal for us.  We had dinner at the Fountain on Locust.  The food was good.  The ice cream was fabulous.  The company was incredible.  Excellent evening all around. 

We got home and I began getting things ready for tomorrow's ride.  I tend to forget things if I'm rushed, so I typically plan and organize ahead.  For some reason, I focused on the kitchen counter.  It's then that I realized that a bag of bagels was missing.  I love good bagels, so I buy a baker's dozen from Bread Co every two weeks and keep them in zipper bags to stay fresh.  It's a much better option than grocery store bagels.  However, recently I've had to buy bagels weekly.  Why?  The picture should tell most of the story.  Diesel has amazing reach and a love for good bagels that matches mine.  Leave that baggie any where near the edge of the counter and poof! it's magic.  Diesel makes them disappear.  The furry fiend ate four tonight.  He's been know to take on a half dozen.  I've been getting better and either keeping them in the pantry or at the very back of the counter, but our cleaners must have rearranged the items when they wiped the counter off this afternoon.  This dog and his bagel habit are getting expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment