Tuesday, February 1, 2011

114/365: Snowpocalypse, Snowmageddon, SnOMG






The storm of the century turned out to be the hype of the century for St. Louis.  All along the forecasters were saying that this would be a hard system to predict.  Early reports were saying that Kansas City and Jefferson City were getting massive amounts of snow and that the system was headed straight to the Lou.  My photos for today are my time lapse of evidence of what happened and what didn't happen.  I took pictures every hour from 7AM until 4PM, hoping to chronicle the massive amounts of snow we were going to get.  Well, as of now, the snow has just begun to fall and the expected totals for the area are less than three inches.  Now, that's not to say we didn't get inclement weather.  Schools were cancelled for today and are already cancelled for tomorrow due to about three inches of sleet and ice.  My understanding is that the upper atmosphere didn't get as cold as expected in this area so we got hit with the ice.  Areas to north, where the atmosphere was colder, got pummelled with snow.  To be honest, I was disappointed when I heard Chicago got the thundersnow we were expecting.  I was hoping for massive amounts of the white stuff so that we could build snowmen and go sledding.  I have to be satisfied with the two days off work though.

No comments:

Post a Comment