Tuesday, February 15, 2011

128/365: I Hate 270

I spent the day in St. Charles today.  That means my commute included a major portion of I-270.  That highway is never fun at rush hour.  I travel about 2 miles in 20 minutes.  It was the stretch between Gravios and I-44.  It's just insane.  And it frustrates me immensely.  All you see for miles in the distance is the red, beaty glow of stopped car taillights.  I know we don't have as bad of traffic as Chicago or New York or Los Angeles, but that doesn't comfort me as I waste valueable time sitting.  It's days like today that I wish St. Louis' mass transit infrastructure was better.  If I have to just sit, I would rather it be on a train where I could read or do something else productive rather than back talk the people on the radio who can't hear me.

No comments:

Post a Comment