Wednesday, February 23, 2011

136/365: Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

I've written from time to time that there are days that I struggle coming up with photos.  While I'm following the advice of taking my camera with me everywhere, there are days when I'm just not inspired, days that it's all I can do to work, take care of the kids, and train.  Creativity?  Bleh!

My friend Shelly from high school has been changing up her Facebook profile picture a lot lately.  Some of her portrait shots are very cool.  I think she may have an app on her iPhone for editing her photos and adding monochromatic color.  Whatever she's doing, I really like them.  Today's photo is an idea I borrowed from her.  She had a similar shot posted as her profile pic for a few days.  I liked it so I decided to try it.  Taking it helped me learn a little bit more about my camera, which is one of my goals in this project.  I learned how to use the timer . . . and I did it without reading the instruction manuel!

Some of my photos subjects will be changing.  I did some googling today and found a site called the Daily Shoot.  It gives a daily photo "assignment".  I'm going to try to complete their daily assignment in addition to looking for other things which resonate with me.  I'm hoping it will jump start my sometimes stalled creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment