Sunday, February 27, 2011

140/365: A Glow

I don't like today's shot.  I was taking a shot of something that glowed.  I tried a few electronic items but the glow wasn't as visible as I would have liked.  I took this of the brick above our fireplace.  The stone to the ceiling is one of the things that attracked us to the house.  It looks beautiful at night when you're looking in the house from the yard or the porch.  Still, I don't think my shot is great.

I wish, instead, I could have taken a self portrait today as I was riding.  I glowed.  I did something today I've never done.  I rode up Hanover Road from Bluff Road.  I had a shred wish today.  I rode four hours yesterday, and I wanted to ride hills today.  I wanted my legs to ache.  Now in hindsight, I probably have ridden steeper, longer hills in Hermann or Ste. Gen, but I have never had enough confidence in my riding and climbing to take on this hill.  Don't ask me why, I can't tell you.  But today, I was mad enough, frustrated enough, that I wanted my legs to hurt as much as my heart is hurting right now . . . more on that later.  Next up is D road.

No comments:

Post a Comment