Monday, February 14, 2011

127/365: Getting a Shot

I've been at my 365 Project a little over four months.  Some days it has been incredibly easy to find things to photograph.  Other days, I am running around the house at 9:30PM, desperately looking for something, anything so that I won't miss a day.  Today was the latter.  It was a Monday as is any other Monday.  I had two workouts and work to get in today.  I lived my life and nothing really caught my fancy or made me want to capture it digitally.  So as I'm changing clothes, getting ready for bed, I decided to photograph my wedding ring.

I'm not a big jewelry person.  I used to really love pretty jewelry.  I would anxiously await the new Tiffany's catalog and then look longingly at all the pieces we couldn't afford.  I used to wait with baited breath to see if Klucker bought me a new piece of jewelry for me birthday.  Then I started racing my bike.  My carbon envy changed from rings and pendants to frames and forks.  And I'm ok with that.

All joking aside, here's the story of my wedding ring.  When we talked about getting married, I told Klucker I didn't want a diamond engagement ring.  I didn't want to be like everyone else.  So my engagement ring has an emerald as a center stone and has the same design as my wedding band on either side.  But they didn't come as a set.  We were out looking for bands, and up until the point we bought this one, the plan was for ours to match.  We walked into Beins Jewelers downtown and I saw this one in the case.  My immediate reaction upon seeing it was to say to the salesman, without asking size or price, I'll take that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment