Wednesday, March 23, 2011

164/365: Layering

Today's photo assignment was to take a photo that uses layers as a composition tool.  It took some time and effort for me to choose a subject to represent that.  It finally dawned on me to use something that has been incredibly close at hand right now, my job hunting file.  I'm sure it comes as a surprise to those of you who know me well that I'm a bit Type A, and that this endeavor has just brought out those tendencies in me even more.  I have this great plastic accordian file.  (Gotta have the plastic because it's getting toted around a lot and the paper ones wear through quickly.)  In it I have file folders (plastic, too) with my materials, e.g. sample resumes, job postings, hard copies of letters of recommendation, etc.  I also have slid in there my anecdotal notebook where I keep notes as to where I'm sent my materials and with whom I've networked.  Yes, I will admit I may be a little overboard in approach, but it keeps me on track and let's me know what I've done.  The other piece is that it gives me a sense of control in a situation where I might otherwise feel helpless.  A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

No comments:

Post a Comment