Thursday, March 3, 2011

144/365: Love The Shadow

After a hard, hard winter I can't help but cherish this view.  I spent so many hours inside on the trainer or outside with a cloud-filled sky, a glimpse of the sun just gets me giddy.  With the time change quickly approaching, I hope to be able to see this more and more on a weeknight ride.  Right now it really doesn't matter how cold or windy it is, if the sun is shining, I'm itching to get on my bike.  I know as the weather gets warmer and clear skies are more prevelant, I will lose some of my appreciation of the sunlight.  I will take for granted the warmth of its rays on my face.  I will long for the cooler days of fall.  I will forget how hard it is to climb wearing layer after layer.  I hope this photo will remind me of my love of the light and help me to not take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment