Wednesday, March 16, 2011

157/365: The Giving Tree

Today's dailyshoot.com assignment was to take a picture outdoors without an obvious horizon line.  So I took my camera on my bike ride and shot pictures of trains, fields and all sorts of other things.  I walked around the yard and snapped various shots as well.  And then I came on this one.  It caught my eye because it immediately reminded my of the book, The Giving Tree.  One of my teachers gave me this book as a shower present when I was pregnant with Boo.  I had heard of it, but had never read it.  It a wonderful story about giving all you have for someone you love and the joy it brings you to be able to do it.  It's a great parable for me about being a parent. 

I don't know when this tree lost her leaves and branches.  I'm not sure when she was cut down to a stump, but she sits in our side yard, a good place for the kids to rest while we're working in the garden.  And a good reminder of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment