Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Boo-Ba Halloween Race Report

The re-added up & over. Photo cred: E'ville Mike D.

Today was a mentally tough race for me. I'm assuming it was because I was tired still. My legs felt the run and the power I had to use on the flats. I also changed my pre-race nutrition. I will be sticking with GU and not doing blocks pre race anymore.

The course was similar to last night, minus the sand, add in more cornering and leaves and a little uphill on straw. I was great off the start and was riding strong for the first two laps. I got to the barriers and didn't turn my left foot enough to get out of the pedal easily. I took a knee but recovered quickly. Still, I lost ground.

The next two laps I swapped place with Cindi and Lo. I made up ground on them in barriers. (no perfect remounts, but still showing forward motion) but lost ground in the corners with leaves. Lap four I got a little too aggressive in the leaves and went down. I got up pretty quickly, but the ladies gapped me. I kept pushing and riding hard and enjoying myself. I had a guy comment that I obviously wasn't going strong enough because I was smiling too big...he must not know how much I like cx. I ended up in last for the A race. We had 29 women start the race, 8 in the A race, two DNFs in the A race...I was 6th overall.

21/365: CX isn't just tough on the racers. It wears out my cheering section too. Is it any wonder people ask me if they're twins?

My fan club recovered and re-emerged as a butterfly princess and Batman. Off they go for some sugary loot.

No comments:

Post a Comment