Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The World According to Me: 1/365

When Klucker and I started dating, and I knew it was getting serious, I had an important realization. I was going to have to live in “the world according to Klucker.” Now those of you who know my yang, totally understand that statement. His point of view, his perspective is very unique. He often tackles life by his own set of rules and mores, not necessarily those accepted by mainstream society. He definitely keeps life interesting, and causes me to stay current on politics and legal issues.

But don’t we all, to a degree, live in our own little world. Our experiences and relationships shape us into unique individuals. No matter how similar two people are, each does have their own world. Atticus tells Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird “You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view – until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” But how do you do that?

A month or so ago, I began noticing a sorority sister’s posts on Facebook. She was posting daily photos as part of her “365 project.” I became curious and turned to Google. What I found out was that basically this is a visual way to capture a year of your life. You take a photo daily, of whatever moves you, and share it. Heck, Apple even has an app for it! It’s supposed to improve your photography skills, be easier than blogging, and help you capture otherwise forgotten moments in my life. I think it will let others “climb into my skin” as well.

So today, an appropriate day I believe as my racing age and chronological age become one, I will begin my 365 project. My goal is to post my photos here and give a brief description of who, where, where, when, why or how. My goal in this (because, yes, I must always have a goal) is document my journey in life, to document the world according to Suze. I hope you enjoy my photos and reading my captions, and I ask that you help me with accountability. I don’t think this will be easy once the novelty wears thin. Email or call me if I’m tardy with a post. Ask me about my shots. Try it yourself.

Enough rhetoric, let’s begin.

1/365: "Tag, Your It!"

This tag was on my birthday present tonight. Klucker bought it a few weeks ago at Big Shark and didn't know where to hide it here at home. He wanted to leave it at the shop, but also knew that I go in there frequently and may become suspicious if I saw a hold tag with "Klucker" on it because he knows I wonder around coveting carbon while I'm in there. He told Devlin to make up a name, just put Bob. Devlin thought he was crazy until I happened in the next day. Klucker may live in his own world, but he at least peers through the window into my world enough to know some of my habits. He found the tag pretty amusing. I found it impressive that he planned that far ahead--the date on the tag was over two weeks ago. Not bad for a guy who Christmas shops on December 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment