Friday, October 22, 2010

10/365: A Great Way to End the Day

I chose two photos for today . . . and that's amazing because I only took four total.
This was my original choice of photos. It's my most common view when I ride with the soon-to-be Ironpeeps. Tom is an incredibly strong athlete, both physically and mentally. When he has a workout to complete, he does it. There are no knitting circles when Tom's around. He's a let's get it done person. He usually sets a pretty strong pace for the group. If my workout allows it, I jump on his wheel and go. I occasionally offer to pull, but he's never taken me up on it. Better than that, Tom has a steady wheel as well. I'm comfortable in following him because there is no squirreliness involved.

On our way tonight, we met up with Tommy & Jenny. I remembered I had my camera in my jersey pocket and snapped this quickly. I decided to put it up because as I think back over the course of the last several years, Jenny has a lot to do with me getting back on the bike. (and I don't think she knows it.) I had started running after I had Bella and was dealing with a lot of pain and tightness in my glutes and hamstrings. I decided to give yoga a try and Jenny was the teacher. She was also a triathlete and was beginning her training for a half Ironman. She invited me along on a ride with the group and thus my love affair with my bike was rekindled. I may have eventually made my way back there, but she certainly was a catalyst for getting it started sooner and getting me to ride with a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment