Tuesday, October 26, 2010

15/365: Early Warning System

I did a trainer workout with friends tonight, meaning I hauled the bike and trainer somewhere else. That also means the bike was on the roof of my car. This summer I had a slight mishap on afternoon when I rushing home to get a water bottle before meeting this same group for a ride. I was on the phone dealing with a work issue and pulled right into the garage. And then I heard the crunch and remember the bike was on the roof. Luckily the damage was minimal (sheared off the seat and beat the rack). The day that it had happened, Boo had wanted to move the recycling container to my spot in the garage so I wouldn't pull in with the bike attached. We were running late so I told him he could do it after school because I wouldn't be home until after that. If only . . .

I got home a little after 8. I now have a sign that hangs from the garage door that says, "Bike?" But I guess Boo thought that wasn't enough. He decided I needed a reminder in the driveway as well. Love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment