Friday, October 15, 2010

I Really Wonder Where She Gets It: 4/365


Meet Princess Bella. She truly tries to run our house and our lives. She is a girlie girl. If it's shiny, sparkly, or pink, it belongs to her. Right now she's in a stage that she doesn't want to wear pants because "they touch her feet." Of course, that same philosophy does not apply to knee socks. I had to stop her from going to school dressed in a white wife-beater, denim mini skirt, and pink and black knee socks yesterday. I didn't think I'd have to fight those battles for another nine years or so.
Bella is modeling the new pajamas she got from Aunt Teri yesterday. Our family has lots of stair step kids so we pass hand-me-downs around a lot. Her jewelry is compliments of Aunt Steph (she recently was elevated from Miss Steph). We had to wrap the evening up by painting toe nails with purple glitter polish. Bella cracks me up with this stuff because I can't ever remember being a girlie-girl. Even now that I wear dress to work almost every day, there is nothing frilly about them. She is definitely the child that let me know we are born with our personality in tact. There was no formation of hers. She came out on her own time frame, with her mind made up. While this is going to cause me lots of stress and headaches in years to come, I wouldn't have it any other way. Because while she will test her limits and push me to my wits' end, I also know she won't be pushed around and swayed by others. She will be the leader, the one taking charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment