Monday, October 18, 2010

7/365: I Got Nothin'

This is all I have today. My creativity, vision, creative imagery is zilch. I took the camera out mid afternoon and snapped this shot. It's my desk view. You notice there is stuff everywhere--multiple types of post-it notes, papers, my ever present highlight and good pen.
I'm not really crazy about my desk. There isn't enough room to spread out and work. What you see in the photo is what you get. I had gotten incredibly accustomed over the last nine years to having a space for my computer and a seperate work space. Since my office move three months ago, I've been having to learn to deal with this. I have a table in my office, but then I have to run back and forth between what I'm working on or reading and something I need to do on the machine.
The more important piece of this photo is what it represents--how I feel. Sometime over the last six days, my zest has been zapped. I'm sick, I'm tired, I'm cranky. I want to sleep. I want to be left alone. I have nothing extra to give to anyone or anything. I took the camera on my ride this evening, but didn't even think about getting it out. Everything is trudgery. And I hate it. I feel persona non grata in my own body and mind. UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment