Monday, April 18, 2011

187/365: The Storm Rolling In

I would say that tyaking photos while driving is probably as illegal as texting and driving, but to me this was a cool shot.  I was on my way to the shop to register for the Tour of St. Louis when the storm started rolling across I-170.  This photo doesn't do the view justice.  On the left side of I-170 the sun was still shining, to the right you can see the ominous clouds rolling through.  Within minutes of this the rain began falling so hard I had to double check that it wasn't hailing.  I'm hoping that we'll get some dry time for the races this weekend.  Last year's Tour of St. Louis was the tornado time trial.  The time trial was weather delayed due to hail and tornado sirens.  I'll never forget driving out and picking Alice up as she was fighting to get back to the line.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for dry pavement and sunshine tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment