Monday, July 11, 2011

Slacker

I'm not really sure how this happened.  One day I was blogging like crazy, the next thing I know four months have gone by and I've barely thought of my blog.  I've written my race reports for Coach Chuck; I just never seem to get around to uploading them.  I think of things to write about while I'm riding and running, I just never log in and do it.  I lay partial blame on my failed 365 Project.  I had some dark days in the spring and couldn't find inspiration in much and I stopped taking photos.  Then I tried to make up when I was behind and just got further behind and stopped.  Add to that the laser focus I put on job hunting, and writing for pleasure and entertainment just fell apart.  But I haven't lost hope.  My mind and my life is in a lot brighter place than it was four months ago.  I'm no longer feel like I'm simply treading water, I'm now making wakes.  (Like the swimming analogy from the rock?)  Anyway, welcome to Blog 2.0, or something like that.  It's time to catch you up on what's been happening!

My wee ones are still making sure I stay sharp and focused, because if I don't, they will overthrow my household regime.  Bella is perfecting her diva image more and more everyday.  Although Klucker wonders aloud how she can be so prissy (nails, clothes, shoes) one moment and so gross (belching, eating with her fingers) the next and looks at me as if I've set the example.  I think not!  Boo is definitely a school age child now.  It's been so cool to watch him emerge from that toddler/preschooler stage.  He still needs Mommy love on a regular basis, but he has his own interests and points of view and will discuss politics, aliens, and video games with you.  I took them to Disney in early June and it was a trip to behold!  They didn't so much care about the Magic Kingdom, but loved the plane ride, sleeping a hotel, and Typhoon Lagoon.  I left Klucker at home and took his mom to make it even more of the adventure.  In the Klucker vs. Disney match up, my money wasn't on the mouse.

I've climbed out of the rabbit hole of the job I've lived in for the last two years.  As my lens has come into focus, I'm starting to realize just how skewed reality was (and is) there.  I already miss a handful of the people with whom I worked, but it's already beginning to seem like it was all just a bad dream that never really happened.  That is do, in part, to what I found when I emerged . . . a job in a place that seems to be doing things right.  It's a place where great things happen.  I'm still getting acclimated and discovering what I'm going to do to add to the success, but so far, I'm in love. 

My racing has been average this season.  I would always like to win more, but I'm satisified with average for the time being.  I was really fearful of catting up and failing miserably.  And I've had a few races this year where that fear seems to be the reality (Tilles, O'Fallon Gold Cup), but I've had others where my performance has surprised me (Ste Gen RR, Dutchtown, Delmarvelous).  Mostly though, I've had pack finishes and am comfortable with the fact that I can stay with the 1/2/3 group.  The next two weekends bring some fun races for me.  I'm hoping they will bring successful finishes as well. 

So that's my quick summary.  I promise to update my race reports (yes, I will post all of them and hopefully with photos) soon--and will show the posting date as the date I actually wrote them.  And my goal is to write at least weekly in addition to my normal race reports.  Keep your fingers crossed for that one!



No comments:

Post a Comment